It is January, what always seems like the longest month of the year and we had 4 COLD DAYS this week! Which means that we have a one day week….on a Friday. This only means one thing, time for a new behavior management system for my class because I know they are going to be stir crazy come Friday!
Enter the Whole Class Rewards Scratch Off boards!
Here’s how it works!
- Teacher Points vs. Class Points – throughout the day I keep track of points.
- If the class is meeting expectations or going above and beyond, they earn points.
- If they are not meeting expectations, the teacher earns a point.
- If the class has more points at the end of the day, they earn the chance to scratch off the board to then have the chance to get a surprise reward along their path to their final reward!
- If the teacher earns more points, the class tries again the next day!
- Once they get to the last square, they will reach their “level three reward” and earn a big reward as a class!
As simple as that! My class is SO motivated by teacher points vs. class points and work hard to earn points for their class. When I get a point it serves as a reminder that my students are not meeting my expectations for transitioning, working independently, etc. It puts them back on track without taking away from their hard earned points!
How to Set it Up!
- First, grab the scratch-off stickers available here from Amazon!
- Then, choose the awards you would like on your board. There are 3 different levels of rewards to choose from. All you have to do is copy & paste them into your editable board!
- Next, print off the month’s board that you added your rewards to
- Finally, place the scratch-off stickers on each square of the board
- And then begin using it in the classroom!
Hope this can help bring some positive behaviors in your classroom like it does mine! I love how it helps me to emphasize the positive things I am seeing within my class rather than the negative. Happy Teaching! 🙂
If you are looking for something more simple, I have two freebies in my free resource library that help with positive behavior in the classroom! Sign up here to check them out ( I promise I won’t spam you)! 🙂 Looking for more classroom management ideas? Make sure you are following me on Instagram where I share daily ideas & tips!